ENROLLMENT AND FEES DEADLINES
Remember that membership fees must be paid for students to receive their passwords and for both parents and students to have access to the Moodle. All registration and tuition fees must be paid in full before students will be allowed to attend chat sessions, unless you have made specific arrangements with the accounts office. Your parent Account Management Center invoice will show any outstanding fees or tuition.
Contact email@example.com if you have any issues or questions about outstanding tuition or fees.
CHAT and POLICY ORIENTATION SESSIONS
[If you have not yet paid your membership fees, you will not be able to attend orientation!]
- Orientation to Scholars Online Chat and Moodle is a short introduction to the functions of our own special AJAX-powered HTML-enabled chat environment and our Moodle course delivery system. Learn how to get the most out of live chat so that you can fully participate in your classes, and how to navigate the Moodle to find your courses, assignments, grades, messages from teachers and other students, and post to forums and submit assignments. Returning students and all teachers: we've added a number of new features to chat, and we'll also be demonstrating how to navigate the new Moodle theme, so join us!!
- Monday, 28 August, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific
- Wednesday, 30 August, 3pm Eastern / noon Pacific
- Friday, 1 September , 11am Eastern / 8am Pacific
- Policy Orientation sessions have also been scheduled to allow parents and students to meet with Scholars Online administrators and teachers in live chat. We will go over expectations for communicating with parents, plagiarism and cheating policies, and answer any questions you may have about administrative policies and course expectations. Returning parents and students are also welcome to come and share their SO stories!
- Tuesday 29 August, 8PM Eastern / 5pm Pacific
- Wednesday 30 August, 8PM Eastern / 5pm Pacific
To attend orientation sessions, log into the Moodle with your Scholars Online userid and password, click on the "Sign up for orientation" link in the upper left-hand corner of your personal home page, then select the Chat link you wish to review or attend. Chats are only open during the times specified.
If you are unable to attend a session, you may still review logs from earlier sessions.
To attend regularly scheduled Scholars Online chat sessions, students use the "Chat Login" link located on the left hand side of any Scholars Online main (non-Moodle) website page, or the "Chat Login" link at the top of your personal Moodle homepage. You will be asked to enter your Scholars Online userid, password, and a nickname that will identify you in class. Unless specifically allowed or encouraged by the teacher, students are expected to use their first name as their nick, plus a middle name or last name initial when two students in a class have the same first name. Once you log in, you will be presented with the selection of that day's chats for your own courses. If you have no chats on a given day, none will be shown, but you may still list logs from previous chat sessions and select any of them for review by using the button at the bottom of the Chat Sessions window.
Some mathematics and language courses use the WizIQ whiteboard interface or use Skype for audio. Students in these classes will receive instructions directly from the teacher on how to log into their WizIQ chat sessions and configure Skype.
Scholarships are granted on a case-by-case basis for tuition assistance when students would otherwise be unable to take courses due to job loss, medical expenses, or other family emergencies. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you wish information about applying for scholarships for our 2017-2018 courses. Most funds for 2017 have been allocated, but you should still contact the Accounts office if you need help. Please consider your request prayerfully; our resources are limited and, once distributed, are not available for other families.
Direct contributions to our scholarship fund are tax-exempt, as Scholars Online is a 501(c)(3) organization. To make a donation by check or online, see our Scholarship page. You may also donate by making purchases from Amazon.com through the Scholars Online Bookstore site or by designated Scholars Online as your charity of choice at http://smile.amazon.com.
- Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for common questions and answers about Scholars Online.
- Learn more about us by reading our blog Continuing in the Word.
- Our curriculum advisor can help you determine whether a course is right for your student.
- You can also contact our teachers by clicking from their biography on the teachers page or by clicking on any teacher name in the full course description.
- You can always email us directly at email@example.com with any questions, any time. Please let us know if you prefer a phone call response, and the best times to call.