Chat and Policy Orientation Sessions
We’re offering several opportunities for new students and parents to become familiar with our online tools and Scholars Online policies.
- Orientation to Scholars Online Chat and Moodle is a short introduction to the functions of our own special AJAX-powered HTML-enabled chat environment and our Moodle course delivery system. Learn how to get the most out of live chat so that you can fully participate in your classes, and how to navigate the Moodle to find your courses, assignments, grades, messages from teachers and other students, and post to forums and submit assignments. Returning students and all teachers: we’ve added a number of new features to chat, and we’ll also be demonstrating how to navigate the new Moodle theme, so join us!
- Monday, 26 August, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific
- Wednesday, 28 August, 3pm Eastern / noon Pacific
- Friday, 30 August , 11am Eastern / 8am Pacific
- Policy Orientation sessions have also been scheduled to allow parents and students to meet with Scholars Online administrators and teachers in live chat. We will go over expectations for communicating with parents, plagiarism and cheating policies, and answer any questions you may have about administrative policies and course expectations. Returning parents and students are also welcome to come and share their SO stories!
- Tuesday 27 August, 8PM Eastern / 5pm Pacific
- Wednesday 28 August, 8PM Eastern / 5pm Pacific
To attend orientation sessions, log into the Moodle with your Scholars Online userid and password, click on the “Orientation sessions: Attend chats, review logs” link Main Menu section of your home page, then select the Chat link you wish to review or attend. Chats are open only during the times specified.
Download the Getting to Orientation guide for step-by-step instructions on getting to Orientation chats.
If you are unable to attend a session, you may still review logs from earlier sessions.
IMPORTANT: If you have not yet paid your membership fees, you will not be able to attend orientation or read the logs!
- Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for common questions and answers about Scholars Online.
- Learn more about us by reading our blog, Continuing in the Word.
- Our curriculum advisor can help you determine whether a course is right for your student.
- You can also contact our teachers by clicking on the teacher’s name in his or her biography on the teachers page or by clicking on any teacher name in the full course description.
- You can always email us directly at email@example.com with any questions, any time. Please let us know if you prefer a phone call response, and the best times to call.
Scholars Online receives donations for scholarships directly, and dedicates all money received from its Bookstore Amazon Associates affiliation to the Scholarship fund. Scholarships are granted on a case-by-case basis for tuition assistance when students would otherwise be unable to take courses due to job loss, medical expenses, or other family emergencies. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request information about scholarship availability for the 2020 Summer and Academic Year Courses.
Direct contributions to our scholarship fund are tax-exempt, as Scholars Online is a 501(c)(3) organization. To make a donation by check or online, see our Scholarship page. You may also donate by making purchases from Amazon.com through the Scholars Online Bookstore site or by designating Scholars Online as your charity of choice at Smile at Amazon.
Dr. Bruce A. McMenomy • Dr. Christe A. McMenomy
Scholars Online is a Washington state non-profit organization supporting Classical Christian Education for all students, regardless of race, creed, or age.