Scholars Online merges appropriate distance-learning technologies with exceptionally rigorous classical educational content to equip its community of students, parents, and teachers to pursue truth faithfully and to live the life of the mind in Christ.
Expectations for Classical Education Graduates
Scholars Online offers curriculum support to those pursuing a classical Christian education. Its students may take one course, a sequence of courses in a given area, or most of their courses through our program, either for secondary education credit, or for personal enrichment, so it has a diverse set of graduates. Regardless of the number or topic of the courses they take, Scholars Online students should:
- Exhibit a dedication to the pursuit of the truth as a continuing endeavor in all aspects of life.
- Engage in civil discourse concerning difficult and divisive subjects, listening with charity and respecting others even when they hold opposing positions.
- Express themselves clearly and concisely in defense of the truth as they perceive it, in both written and spoken language.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills in all areas -- practical, theoretical, sacred, and secular.
- Take personal responsibility for meeting commitments to themselves and to others on time, completely, and well.
- Recognize failure as essential of the learning process, and explore untried approaches to new situations without the assurance of success.
- Develop a habit of learning, both individually and in community with others.
- Demonstrate mastery of course material in a variety of contexts, including standardized tests and subsequent studies.
Scholars Online is a nonprofit corporation registered in the State of Washington, operating under IRS Code 501(c)(3) as a tax-exempt public charity.
Scholars Online was accredited by AdvancED and the Northwest Accreditation Commission from 2009-2016 and was accepted March 2018 with Candidate Status as a member of MSA-CESS.