Alumni member activities
Students and parents who have taken courses at Scholars Online are encouraged to maintain their membership in the Scholars Online community and pursue those friendships and continue interests begun in our classes. Membership is free for alumni for the first four years after completing their high school program.
Access to Membership benefits
Alumni members may:
- enter profile information and maintain their email addresses and other contact information
- review the Scholars Online calendars for member events
- enter privately-accessible personal appointments and deadlines whether related to Scholars Online or not
- take part in the public bulletin board discussions
- retrieve their academic records to create personal transcripts
- request formal transcript transmission to other educational institutions
- take part in local reunions
Alumni participation is voluntary, and has relatively few real obligations; mostly it's a way for you to keep up with the personal contacts you've made through Scholars Online, as well as to continue the larger conversations you've begun here.
As alumni members, you are bound by the same terms of service as all other members of Scholars Online: we expect respectful and thoughtful discourse wrestling honestly with ideas but never abusive of people. While you are free to contribute to and participate in any of the public forums to whatever degree you like, we particularly solicit your contributions in a handful of areas, as a way of giving back to the community, and to the students who come after them, something of value:
- Tell us about your choice of college: what are its strengths (and weaknesses)?
- What in your Scholars Online (or ISLAS) career most prepared you for what you went on to do afterward? Are there other things you wish you had done?
- Tell us about your college experiences in general. Where did you go, what course of study have you pursued, and what do you envision doing with it afterward?
- What study tricks or techniques have you found most useful in carrying on with your studies?
- What new and interesting fields have you discovered since leaving Scholars Online or ISLAS?
We are of course also interested in hearing your thoughts on anything suitable for discussion here.
To become a member, please fill out a Scholars Online membership form
Scholars Online is accredited by AdvancED and the Northwest Accreditation Commission.