Online Courses for 2021 Academic Year
Important Deadlines for Academic Year Classes 2021-2022
(See the Summer Schedule 2021 for summer course dates.)
- Enrollment period for academic year courses 2021-2022:
- Normal enrollment for classes starting in the fall opens 1 March 2021.
- Membership and Registration fee due dates:
- Membership and registration fees are due at enrollment in order to hold a student's seat. Enrollment requests may be cancelled if membership and registration fees have not been paid within two weeks of teacher acceptance of a student into a course.
- Please note that membership and registration fees are non-refundable. They represent your commitment to support the course and allow us to contract with teachers to provide your students the best education possible.
- Tuition due dates for classes:
- Full tuition for academic year courses must be paid by 10 August 2021 to avoid late fees. This deadline applies even if you choose to pay in installments over the spring and summer, unless you make arrangements with the accounts manager.
- Tuition due dates for tutorials:
- Tuition for tutorials is due monthly on the first of the month.
- Late enrollment
- Enrollments after formal enrollment closes will be charged a late fee. [Note: Friends and Family offers may extend a different enrollment deadline.]
- Refund Policy:
- Please check our current refund policy on the Tuition and Fees page.
- Class admission:
- Students who have not completed membership, registration, and full tuition payments by the start of chat sessions, or made alternate arrangements with the accounts manager, will not be admitted to class.
Academic Year Schedule and Holidays for 2021-2022
- Orientation to Scholars Online Courses and Policies
- Orientation courses for Moodle, chat, and policies will be held in late August for new students attending academic year courses. These are self-enrolled courses offered as part of your Scholars Online membership.
- Class Session Start Dates
- Officially, the 2021-2022 academic year classes begin Tuesday September 7, 2021, following Labor Day on September 6, but some teachers may begin chat sessions a week earlier. Check the class listing to verify start dates or email the teacher directly if you have questions.
- Thanksgiving Holidays
- Classes will not be held on Thursday, 25 November and Friday, 26 November 2021.
- Christmas Holidays
- Scholars Online official Christmas Holiday begins after classes are dismissed on Friday, 17 December 2021, and ends with the first classes on Monday, 3 January 2022. There will be limited administrative support during this period; both the primary site and the Moodle may be offline for updates and maintenance. Teachers may choose to teach during this period, so be sure to verify the class meeting schedule with your individual teachers.
- Holy Week
- Holy Week will be observed beginning with the last classes on Friday, 8 April 2022 and ending with the first classes on Monday, 18 April 2022.
- Last Class Meetings and Finals Week
- The last day of classes for the regular session is Friday, 3 June 2022. Finals are usually administered during the first full week of June. Students taking Latin or Greek finals or completing science course lab exercises over the summer will retain access to the Moodle through August 31, 2022.
Individual teachers may at their own discretion grant more extensive holidays during the Christmas/New Year period, observe other holidays such as Veterans Day or Memorial Day, and may schedule review and examination weeks during which classes will not meet. Be sure to check the individual course descriptions and schedules as soon as you receive Moodle access for your classes for chat session and examination schedules.
Academic Year Courses Weekly Schedule
Hold your cursor over the course abbreviation for its full name.
For full information about any course, click on the course name. Numbers in parenthesis indication sections. For example, Latin1 (3) in the 3:30pm time slot on Tuesday and Thursday indicates that Latin, Year One, Section 3 meets at 3:30pm on those days. You may change the time zone to show course times for your location.
Courses marked with an asterisk (*) start or end on the quarter hour. Sections are given in parentheses.
Scholars Online is fully accredited through the Middle States Accreditation Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools.